Saturday, June 15, 2013

I made it!

I made it to Mumena! I am so excited to be back!








All but one of the Love's beautiful children!


I will try to update my blog at least once a week while I’m here. I don’t want it to be
about what I am doing. Instead, I want to share about what God is doing in me and
the people all around me.

I arrived here on Thursday super tired and almost completely drained mentally and
physically. I felt like I had been thrown into the sea and didn’t remember how to
swim.

It has been well over a year since I was in Africa the last time. Before I arrived on
Thursday, it seemed as though it was only yesterday, and I thought I remembered
everything so clearly. But now that I’m here again, I realize how wrong I was. When
we got off the plane in Solwezi, I was very confident. But as soon as we started
driving down the road, I started to ask myself…am I really ready for this again? Am I
really fit to be here? Then I remembered Romans 5:1-5:

“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into
this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not
only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that sufferings we
know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character,
hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out
into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.”

I know that I am ready, and God has chosen me. And I know that He is never going
to change, and He will never fail me or leave me. I push the questioning thoughts out
of my mind and replace them with verses that have been encouraging to me in the
past.

Things that I would ask you to pray for:

• praise for the safe travels
• the people of Zambia
• the missionary family here (Rick and Karen Love and their four children) and the work they are doing
• the campaign that will be happening this coming week
• me to always have my eyes set on God and find comfort in Him and only in Him

Funny story:

Yesterday evening after dinner, I walked into my house, locked the door and turned around to the sound of squealing, and I saw something big and furry fly down and then back up into the roof. I screamed and ran to my room and shut the door like a little girl. I was wondering what on earth was in my house with me when I remembered that when the Love’s kids were showing me around my house, they said that this bathroom was the “batty bathroom.” When they said it I thought they were just kidding, but I came to find out they weren’t!

2 comments:

  1. Girl you are gonna be like Katie Davis. We aren't going to see you again after this summer cause you're going to have started a family with 13 little girls ;) be safe-ish and keep living for God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I'm loving reading this. Also, I met Sydney and Justin Kutter Sun. at church. How fun to get to talk about you with them! It made me all the more sad that Mom and I didn't get to come for graduation to see all of you. Have you met David Perkins there from Hillcrest? He's a friend of mine from church.
    Praying for all of you, but especially you!
    Love,
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete